Super Bowl XLIV
Football Food – To me, great football food is spicy, hearty,
and maybe a bit sloppy to eat. Three cheeses from Yancey’s Fancy, New
York’s Artisan Cheeses are perfect for a football feast or a quick snack.
My 1st and 10 recipes have some preparation time but I think they are worth the
effort. My 3rd and 1 recipes are quick and easy but they are delicious.
1st and 10 Recipes
Roast Beef and Horseradish New
York Cheddar Panini – serves 4 football fans
- Preheat electric panini press
- 1 ½ lbs. deli sliced all natural roast beef
- 8 slices Yancey's Fancy Horseradish New York
Cheddar (9 oz. Wedge
- Spring mix
- Olive oil
- 8 slices of Panini Bread
- Build sandwich from bottom, coating the bottom side and
top side of each sliced panini with olive oil for the panini press. On
bottom piece of bread, add roast beef, top with 2 slices cheese, add
spring mix and top piece of bread
Stuffed Chicken Breast with
Jalapeno Peppadew New York Cheddar – serves 4 football fans
- 4 x 5-6 ounce chicken breast halves
- 5 ounces Yancey's Fancy Jalapeno Peppadew New York
oz. Wedge or 9# Wheel)
- Lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- Mix above ingredients into equal amounts and stuff into
breasts. Sear chicken in skillet to 2 to 3 minutes on each side over
medium high heat then bake in oven for 10 minutes at 360 degrees.
Buffalo Wing New York Cheddar
Mac and Cheese with Chicken – serves 4 football fans
- Shred store bought Rotisserie Chicken. Set aside
- Boil macaroni noodles as directed. Set aside
- Grate and/or chunk 1 lb. of Yancey's Fancy Buffalo Wing
New York Cheddar. (9 oz. Wedge
Wheel) Bring 6 oz. water to a boil, stir in cheese until melted.
- Remove from heat, add noodles, and shredded rotisserie
3rd and 1 Recipes
– Quick and easy
Buffalo Wings Platter: You
can put your own spin on this for your guests and they’ll never miss the
Cube Yancey's Fancy Buffalo Wing New York Cheddar. (9 oz. Wedge or 9# Wheel),
add Blue Cheese dressing and celery sticks.
Football Stadium Nachos:
NOT the plain old nachos sauce from a can.
Boil 3 oz. of water and crumble in the Yancey's Fancy Jalapeno Peppadew
Cheddar, approximately 9 oz. (9 oz. Wedge or 9# Wheel) Stir
often until it is smooth. Simmer and remove from heat.
Serve with Tortilla Chips to have a truly Sweet n’ Spicy experience.
Cube Yancey's Fancy Horseradish Cheddar 9 oz. Wedge
or 9# Wheel),
add Mild Pepper Rings, Pepperocinis, roll up sliced roast beef, and crackers.
If the above recipes aren’t your type of football food,
these cheeses can always be used in your favorite recipes, on top of burgers,
in cold or hot sandwiches or melted in casseroles.